Saturday

A Little Old Lady Tea Party

On April 4th my Mama turned 80 years old! We invited 18 of her closet friends and family for a little old lady, Victorian tea party at my sister's amazing new home! Cathy really out did herself with the table and food, serving everything on my mothers original china and tea service. As a tribute to her I read the chapter of my new book about her called "She Who Loves To Shop" and ended it like the chapter says, by serving her favorite pineapple dessert on her old china...recipe included in the book!. Everyone at the party then got a copy of my new book as a party favor! It was such a fun day.

Next year we're going to celebrate her 100th birthday. She'll only be 81 but since the 80th was so much fun we want to make sure we get to have a 100th so we're going to do it next year! Wanna come?

8 comments:

Kristi Stevens said...

What an amazing idea. Where do you get your boundless energy? Truly a women of a thousand talents. If you get a chance pass some of that energy to me, I'm spent just thinking about making dinner.

Sandee Spencer said...

So happy I got to be there. The table was gorgeous, the tea and peppermint drops so girlie, the food such a tribute to your Mom. I loved the way everything on the table was a remembrance of her- kind of like 3D scrap-booking. Your Mom obviously loved every second of being Queen for the day. My favorite tributes were her grand daughter and grand daughter in law. How fun to see the next generation truly loving and appreciating. Thanks for a lovely day and thanks for the book! Sandee

Amy said...

Granny looks so young! Give her a big hug and a kiss for me! I'd love to come to the 100th party! If I'm able!

Amy said...

I have this great tea party book too I bought at the book fair--it's a cook book for a tea party! It's called the Pink Princess Tea Parties. Here's a link to it http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Pink-Princess-Tea-Parties/Barbara-Beery/e/9781423604167/?itm=1

The lady writes other cute cookbooks too! I'm having a tea party soon! Wish you could come!

Elizabeth said...

Granny is such an amazing women and I love her SOOO MUCH .. 80 And STILL STUNNING! I couldn't have a better Granny... And the pictures look like it was a fabalous tea party..

Dawna and Matt said...

It looks like an amazing party I can see why you would want to do another one next year! It would be great to be able to get my mom there, she would love to see you and your mom again.

Sarah said...

aunt suzy, thank you so so much for the 'teacher info' cards you made for me...they turned out great and were exactly what i wanted and i was proud to hand them out at our meeting! thank you!

Gatten Gang said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate a wonderful life. You daughters are so special to do this for our mom.
J