Saturday

Give Thanks...vet day
As a child, I was taught the Magic Words: Please and Thank You. Whether it was because my mother drove it into me so much or that it's just a genetic trait I inherited from her, I ended up getting a little over enthusiastic about the whole thing. I can never seem to just say "Thank You." Something inside of me starts to gush and bubble, and I just keep going until I begin to make quite a spectacle of myself. And that's just the warm up for everyday, run-of-the-mill things! This time of year I start thinking about Veterans Day, and I get so worked up I just about burst into tears. As the mother of two Veterans (one of Desert Storm and the other Iraqi Freedom...see photo) and the daughter of a Korean War Vet, my heart is eternally grateful for the service and sacrifice men and women like them give our country. I am also grateful for their spouses who so diligently keep the home fires burning in their absence.

Despite the political antics and the craziness going on between our elected officials, I am still so proud to be an American. I am thankful my ancestors immigrated here from Europe under great hardship to create a new life for themselves and their children. They brought all that was good with them and embraced their new country, served in the military and helped preserve our freedom. Today I am blessed beyond measure to live in the greatest country in the free world. As Lee Greenwood says in his anthem to freedom "... I won't forget the men who died and gave that right to me." From the bottom of my heart, thanks to all our armed forces for their undying love for our country and their willingness to lay down their lives for our freedom
. God Bless our Vets...God Bless the USA.

No comments: