Friday

We Still Believe...

still believe
...That Peace Begins in
Our Hearts

In our home and studio, we celebrate the traditions of our heritage, our family and our religion. Although we are various denominations, we are all Christians and the whole place is abuzz with the holiday spirit. We also find tremendous joy in joining with dear friends of other faiths as they, too, celebrate their religious holidays this time of year.

As I think back on all of the atrocities in history that have been committed in the name of religion, I can't help think what would have happened if all that energy had been focused on the true foundations of those faiths, like brotherly love, kindness, charity and love. If all of God's children truly celebrated His glorious work and miracles, we would have peace on earth and good will towards men. I often find myself humming the song, "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me." That is where charity must begin, with each one of us having a change of heart and embracing all that is good in the world -- including each other.

From my studio, my home and my heart, please accept my wishes for a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hannakah, a Blessed Solstice and a Joyous Kwansa -- and, of course, my fondest Aloha and Namaste. May all that is good and right in the world spring forth as we truly embrace one another this holiday season. And maybe, just maybe, we will do something totally wacky and "give peace a chance."
Suzy

No comments: