Sunday

I'm Such a Smartypants...
I Traded Moldy for Maui   
  suzy beach I'm so excited on so many levels, I don't know where to start.

First of all, a plumbing leak under my home lead to a horrible mold problem -- the wood floors were dotted with black spots. To fix it, I had to evacuate my home for 6 weeks. Isn't that just the most stupendously fabulous, most wonderful news you've ever heard???

It's fabulous because without missing a beat, I took it as a sign from heaven to  jump on an airplane and head to my favorite place in the whole wide world for a whole month... Maui!  Here my heart is home. My hubby, Al, says he loves it when we come here because I turn into this calm, mellow, peacefully serene woman. So, for the last two weeks, I've been spending my days lounging on the beach, practicing yoga, creating wacky new art and breathing in all that is the spirit of aloha. 

However,all that calm, serenity and aloha mojo surfed itself right out the window  when I opened up a package from my studio today. I got so excited I started jumping up and down, doing my happy, little "wacky dance."  I screamed at the top of my lungs,  "Where's my phone? Where's my phone?"

 Inside were these adorable new cell phone covers I designed but had never actually seen.  They are soooo cute I can't stand it. No sooner had I clicked my phone into one of these precious little covers that I dialed my studio and asked them how soon I could share them with you?  My assistant said "Now... we've got 'em stock. They just arrived."   With that response, I squealed with delight. My assistant, startled by my yelp, squealed back at me over the phone which then started a chain reaction throughout the rest of the studio back in Florida.  They all started squealing. I had them all on speaker phone here in Hawaii.  Al was laughing hysterically and took this shot!. (Someday you really do need to experience my studio.... We really are a wacky bunch!) 

So click here to see them. Even if you don't need one, you just gotta take a look. They're that cute! (I'm giving one to each I my kids for Christmas this year if I can wait that long!

No comments: